Thursday, 22 January 2009

My first solids!

Mummy decided that the time had come to try me on some solid
food. My sleeping pattern over Christmas had been getting worse and worse, Mummy and Daddy were so desperate for sleep they were giving me milk in the night and I was drinking more bottles at night than during the day!

Also, Mummy felt that as I was rolling around lots in my cot, I was getting my sleeping bag all wrapped around me which was making me cross. So I now go to sleep in a baby gro and a fleecy sleep suit. Mummy sometimes puts a blanket over me when she goes to bed if it is cold, but that tends to annoy me as well!

Also, Mummy decided to change my milk (can you sense she was getting desperate!). I am now on Aptimal (same as Sam) and not Cow and Gate. Mummy is convinced I am more settled now.

Finally she decided to wean me as I was becoming more interested in food other people were eating. I tried baby rice for few days and I wasn't overly impressed but I think Mummy managed to get me to swallow a tiny bit after continuously spooning it back in when I repeatedly spat it out! Since then I have had carrot, apple, pear, sweet potato, carrot and parsnip, carrot and swede, brocolli. I haven't really disliked anything, although to say I enjoyed any is probably a bit much! I like chewing on the spoon though!

My sleeping is still awful and Mummy and Daddy are very sleep deprived - but I guess I just don't like to sleep a lot!

No comments: